Let's break the cycle, shall we?

Got ideas on how to improve the site? Keep 'em to yourself! Just kidding; post them here.

Re: Let's break the cycle, shall we?

Postby turtle81 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:19 am

Magnum wrote:Is that heavy duty because of the stench sports can create in clothes?

Yep. It works great on my nasty, sweaty running stuff. It makes my socks smell fresh as a daisy (and you know how my feet are).
"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, to be late is to be left." - Mr. Bennett
turtle81

Postby psychicmidget » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Excellent post Travis. I think all Garmachi followers have had a bit of trail fever watching our buddy from afar, we are the lucky ones Trav, right out of the blocks, as we are near the first part of his trek and as such could actually meet him (and some of his peeps) out there on the trail. I hope all of you will have the opportunity and proximity to do likewise. I am curious just how some of you are following along. Personally I have changed over to a wall map with tacks and notes. This *is* the good stuff!

This is Travis waiting for word from his good friend while in Hot Springs, NC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psychicmidget

Postby twister » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

I am hoping he crosses at the Delaware Water Gap in Stroudsburg PA on a day that I don't have to work. I'll be down there in a heartbeat!
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

How does it feel to feel?
twister

Postby turtle81 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:23 pm

psychicmidget wrote:I am curious just how some of you are following along.
I jump every time the phone makes a noise, hoping it's Gary with an update. (My apologies to anyone that calls or texts me that is not Gary - I'm only disappointed for a split second. :D )

I have the map on his website, a topo map on the living room wall, and a spreadsheet that someone else created that guesses at where a person might be with a 15 mile per day average and taking resupplies into account. Work is slow this time of year, it gives me an excuse to look busy. :smt024

twister wrote:I am hoping he crosses at the Delaware Water Gap in Stroudsburg PA on a day that I don't have to work. I'll be down there in a heartbeat!
Way too soon to tell, of course, but a best guess has him there there the first week of August.
"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, to be late is to be left." - Mr. Bennett
turtle81

Postby Magnum » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:33 am

We watch the "floating Gary head". I wish the AT were closer to us, and with him at the finish during school we can't make the trek there either.

But we get phone calls from the trail which is a treat and from his trail boss! She deserves a special trail boss reward when this is over!
Nothing wrong with a straight line....
Magnum

Postby twister » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am

Magnum wrote:We watch the "floating Gary head". I wish the AT were closer to us, and with him at the finish during school we can't make the trek there either.

But we get phone calls from the trail which is a treat and from his trail boss! She deserves a special trail boss reward when this is over!

You can always come to our house the first week in August because if he does cross the Delaware Water
Gap at that time, I will be in the middle of my 14-shifts in a row right at the time I start working mids. The DWG is only about 2-2.5 hours south of us in the Poconos. That way you can test the pups out in the kennel. :smt090
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

How does it feel to feel?
twister

Postby Garmachi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am

I really enjoyed that post Travis! Sorry it took me so long to get to it. :)
My pants don't smell like sunshine anymore.
Garmachi
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Site Announcements and Suggestions