Twister

Got ideas on how to improve the site? Keep 'em to yourself! Just kidding; post them here.

Postby Dvonneh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Explore all your options. You will know what is best for you. Your mom is right, you are fortunate to have a excellent working brain to make the decision. Keep us posted.
My mind is mine.
Dvonneh

Postby Magnum » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Have they given you a time limit to your decision? I wondered if Worker's Comp would set a time frame.

Or if you can consult with therapists and sports medicine people or if you are like me and like only one opinion? I am always afraid to ask for a second opinion for fear of insulting my doctors who I have trusted for years. Perhaps it would take a situation like this to make me reconsider that feeling.
Nothing wrong with a straight line....
Magnum

Postby twister » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 pm

No they haven't given me a timeline. I imagine
that that would come when I have my follow-ups
after my MRIs and nerve conduction study. I don't
need time to think about it because Dave and I
talked and the x-ray of the bone is completely
removed from the other foot bones. So maybe no
chance of them dying, though possibly disintegrating
or collapsing. A prosthetic would be something I
would have to put on each morning like my brace.
But hey, if the foot is still good why not keep it?
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

How does it feel to feel?
twister

Postby Boogieman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm

twister wrote:But hey, if the foot is still good why not keep it?

IT'S YOUR FOOT!!!!! I can't believe you'd even consider other options.

Have them shove a golf ball in there to take up the void and put a brace on for cryin' out loud.
The two most common elements in the Universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity.
Boogieman
Site Admin

Postby Garmachi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:35 am

You could have a real foot and a fake ankle!
My pants don't smell like sunshine anymore.
Garmachi
Site Admin

Postby twister » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

God damnit my MRI was cancelled for this afternoon. Rescheduled now for Friday afternoon if my case manager will answer her phone. So here I sit, hurry up and wait! So freakin' sick of this shit! Why the hell can't anything go my way??!! :smt097

twister

Postby Magnum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 pm

twister wrote:God damnit my MRI was cancelled for this afternoon. Rescheduled now for Friday afternoon if my case manager will answer her phone. So here I sit, hurry up and wait! So freakin' sick of this shit! Why the hell can't anything go my way??!! :smt097

Tell them to watch out or you will start throwing puppies at them. :wink:
Magnum

Postby twister » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Ha ha! I will kick them in their ass with my dead ankle. Maybe then the bone will fly out and lodge where the sun doesn't shine! Not my case workers fault. She talked to the MRI department yesterday and submitted the paperwork for pre-approval and still hasn't gotten anything back! Grrrr.....

twister

Postby twister » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Well after 5 long days of waiting I have had both MRIs and EMG/nerve conduction test. The doctor who performed the EMG on me believes I suffer from Cauda Equina Syndrome. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00362 which means "horses tail" as the nerve roots branch off of the spinal cord. He surmises that my crushed pelvis damaged my sacral nerves (to what extent remains to be seen) and the emergency surgery I had hopefully was quick enough to relieve the compression. I am very slowly regaining muscle control of my bladder and bowels, but to this day cannot feel that I need to go to the bathroom. But, I can live with that the rest of my life if I have to. I am determined to overcome this in some way!

twister

Postby Boogieman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

twister wrote:I am very slowly regaining muscle control of my bladder and bowels, but to this day cannot feel that I need to go to the bathroom. But, I can live with that the rest of my life if I have to.

Hell, in 25 years you'd be in the same boat anyway. :-D

Keep your spirits up! I have an idea of what you're going through having had my saccrum broken in half. It's a long road but the human body is an amazing machine capable of self repair and regeneration.
The two most common elements in the Universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity.
Boogieman
Site Admin

Postby twister » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Ha ha Boogieman! I am reminded of making fun of my father-in-law's old dog last year. Every time he stood up and walked down the hall, poop would fall out of his butt. I told my father-in-law not to make fun because in 10 years that could be him. Little did I know, that that's what the future was holding for me. :lol:

And yes, I continue to be amazed at my body's ability to heal itself and to not be in any pain after all the trauma I went through last summer. I wake up stronger every day!

twister

Postby twister » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Just to give a quick update for those of you not on Facebook. My hubby has agreed to take me to The Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC for a second opinion. Top-ranked in the world for orthopedic surgery for the last 21 years. I need to call on Monday to set up an appointment for my ankle.

After extensive soul-searching, research on the Internet, and seeing what the surgeons down in NYC have to say, I have decided to try one surgery to try to save this ankle and then if/when it fails I am prepared to amputate. :)

twister

Postby biggaloot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would like to offer a suggestion. If/when it fails is the wrong way to look at it. It WILL work. the single most important thing you can do is believe that. Attitude accounts for an awful lot. You're gonna have to look deep insside yourself, deeper than you haave ever gone before. Don't convince yourself it will work, but KNOW it will work. Mental preparedness and sheer force of will has helped many people throughut history to do things they never should have been able to accomplish. Mental preparration is the toughest part of any training process. You are tough enough to do this. I know you want it bad enough. You have to let yourself know that it will work and truly believe in it. Sounds hokey, but that's what I think

The surgery will be successful. I know it. You need to know it too. Now know it for yourself.
When all else fails, get a bigger gun
biggaloot
Announcer of Celebrity Demise

Postby Magnum » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 am

Look how long it took KT with her ankle. Finding the right doctor is the key. Is this the one the 'hunky doctor' in Scranton recommended? I know there were a couple of others that were also good.
Magnum

Postby turtle81 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:41 am

Magnum wrote:Look how long it took KT with her ankle.

Big difference between a ripped tendon and scar tissue impeding the nerves, and a dead talus bone and no nerves.

Good luck, PV! (Chop the fucker off!)
"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, to be late is to be left." - Mr. Bennett
turtle81

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements and Suggestions